Connect to the right therapist in a whole new way WithTherapy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Research shows that your working relationship with your therapist can significantly affect your treatment.
- Finding the right therapist for you is essential to achieving your goals and feeling better.
- The WithTherapy matching system is based on decades of scientific research.
- Using evidence-based factors, we determine therapists who are right for you given your needs.
- You may also have personal preferences for your therapist’s background, and those preferences are taken into account.
We're growing, but do not yet have therapists in all 50 states on WithTherapy.
- WithTherapy is designed to connect you with therapists near you.
- Therapists licensed in your state to provide online therapy are available to give you even more options for your mental health needs.
You'll tell us your needs and preferences in a therapist in about 9 minutes.
Having a good fit with your therapists is key to positive outcomes.
- You may have mixed feelings about your therapist from time to time.
- However, if you are not mostly feeling as though you can be open and vulnerable with your therapist—or that you’re making progress after a reasonable amount of time, then it may be time to seek another therapist.
- First, we recommend you have this important conversation with your current therapist.
- Sometimes a therapist is not right for you and your preferences, so we recommend using WithTherapy to search for another therapist.
There are online and in-person therapists on WithTherapy.
- Depending on your location, finding an in-person therapist may be easier or harder.
- If you're seeking online therapy, you will likely have more options to choose from.
We have a growing number of types of therapists on WithTherapy.
- Licensed therapists are on WithTherapy.
- This includes psychologists, licensed professional counselors, and licensed clinical social workers.
- There are also some unlicensed therapists on WithTherapy usually with lower fees a who are closely supervised by a licensed therapist.
You'll tell us about your current challenges and struggles.
- First, we gather practical details like when youre available for therapy appointments and where you’re searching for.
- Then, we dive even deeper and use our science-backed system to find potential therapists for you based on your symptoms, struggles and hopes for therapy.
- You'll then choose from a highly personalized list.